MINEXCHANGE Justification Tool Kit
As a leading professional in the mining and minerals industry, we understand it’s critical for you to stay current with cutting-edge research and innovative ideas in the industry. There’s no better event to gain valuable insights into the evolution of mining and metallurgy practices than MINEXCHANGE
When you propose attending MINEXCHANGE, you further your professional development and take steps to further your career trajectory. Use these tools to help gain approval to attend the conference.
Download this template letter to get you started. Customize it as needed to your organization’s particular needs.
Use this template during and after the conference to share specific insights with your organization or team.
Three days at the MINEXCHANGE SME Annual Conference & Expo will be the most cost-effective professional development choice you will make all year. Use these tips to help build your case to attend.
Tips for Justifying Your Case to Attend the MINEXCHANGE SME Annual Conference & Expo
- Focus on the industry issues. Explain what you plan to get out of attending and how that will benefit your work and organization as whole. Explore the conference technical session schedule and make a list of the sessions that pertain to your business goals and objectives.
- Share and present. Offer to present a Q & A session to your colleagues to share what you learned. They benefit from your attendance, too. Bring back a copy of the conference proceedings to share technical papers with your team.
- Talk up the ROI. From networking opportunities to valuable insight, attending a live conference provides information you can put into action when you get home. Don’t forget to bring back ideas or solutions from new or improved products or services in the exhibit hall.
- Save when you register early. Register early for lowest registration, hotel, and airfare rates. SME members save even more. If you aren’t a member yet, consider joining and take advantage of all that membership offers.
- Point to a reputation of excellence. SME’s reputation for hosting exceptional, high-quality industry conferences is second to none. The MINEXCHANGE SME Annual Conference & Expo provides a comprehensive, professional development opportunity. More than 7,000 attendees rely on our technical programming and Expo to stay current each year.
- Plan ahead. Be prepared with a plan that shows who will cover for you, if necessary, while you are attending the conference.
- Plan your spending. From registration to meals, come to your boss with a good idea of what it will cost to attend. A quick internet search will provide airfare ranges, and hotel information can be found on the conference website. Planning early saves you the most money.
- Think strategically. Join your peers at the mining and metallurgy industry’s premier event. Make an agenda of speakers, exhibitors, and industry representatives you want to meet or hear speak.
- Highlight value. At the MINEXCHANGE, you can earn up to 16 hours of PDH credits for as low as $700 (member early registration price). Make the most of your time away from the office when you take the CMSP Exam, or take a deeper dive with our short courses.